Bicycle Diaries: Snow bike five

Recent Posts

1.2.08

Snow bike five

it's about quality
not quantity


All it takes is 2 inches of snow,
5 hardy fools to roll the streets,
and a pub called The Handlebar.


That's exactly what happened
last night here in The Windy City.


A steady snow had started around 8am.


Though not actually heavy
it was steady until after midnight.


So by the start of the ride, around 9pm,
there were 6 inches.


And when we ended up in Logan Square,
'round midnight, we had more than a foot!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SD_pedalpower said...

Looks like that would be a tough ride back home. Did you end up calling cabs?

2/2/08 17:59  
Blogger Da' Square Wheelman, said...

No cabs even though I had quite the spill on my way to The Handlebar %( My right leg has been stiff all weekend. I think I tore the ligaments behind the knee...

3/2/08 11:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home