Bicycle Diaries: A musical road tour

Recent Posts

7.2.08

A musical road tour

with Peter Mulvey


Milwaukee guitarist Peter Mulvey has literally become a street musician. Last fall he decided to roll around Wisconsin to raise awareness of energy consumption.


His bike, as well as the necessarily acoustic guitar, were big hits. So later this summer, he hopped the ferry at Milwaukee to perform around Kalamzoo in Michigan. In a recent Kalamazoo Gazette interview Mulvey commented,
I was so nervous. I was like, 'What the hell will happen?' In the end, it was fine. That one will always have a special place in my heart. I became a much more cheerful person. Who knew? It has a specific effect on your outlook. Plus, I could eat all the peanut butter sandwiches I wanted. I was like Charles Lindberg.

He's playing here in The Windy City at Schubas on 8 March 08. I hope the weather gives him a break.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home