Bicycle Diaries: Burning Guido Fawkes

Recent Posts

10.11.09

Burning Guido Fawkes

...the tweedy way!

The Guido Fawkes' Bonfire Tweed Ride was a rousing success last Saturday. Thirty tweedy lads and lassies made it all the way down to Bubbly Dynamics outside Bridgeport. Special thanks to Viscount Wallace for organizing the route and Clan Lloyd for hosting the bonfire. Folks had suggested a November ride so we could wear the full tweed monty without sweating our arses off. But true to style, the weather was unseasonably warm ... perhaps we'll do our next ride in March to force a thaw!


Me & Viscount Wallace
by Heather


Me & Bob
by Allan

A lot of civilians took favorable note of our procession. This from Chainlink Chicago:
This afternoon my friend and I were sitting in a window seat at the Irkosium Cafe on Clark and Foster when my friend said: "Look, there's a guy on a bike who's dressed like Sherlock Holmes!" Before I could turn my head to look he said, "Wow, there's another one." Then the whole posse cycling by.

"Oh, that's a tweed ride," I told him.

"A what?" he asked.

He was impressed that I knew what it was all about.

You all looked very natty biking down Clark Street.


Lovely Lauren certainly thought
it was pithy success
by Aaron


Our honoured guest!
(thanks to Allan)


Burning the bastard!
by Sarah

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home