Bicycle Diaries: <i>Bisiklet günlükleri</i>

Recent Posts

17.1.07

Bisiklet günlükleri

why is this roller smiling?

Three reasons: first, this blog has been blogrolled by 2teker's Dağ Bisikleti Rehberiniz, a bike blog in Turkey. I think it translates as The Mountain Bike Guide. Unfortunately I don't speak, or even read the langage, but I did figure out that Bisiklet Günlükleri is Turkish for Bicycle Diaries.

The second reason I'm smiling? I've just accepted a new senior management position with a rather well-known international organization. It wants to bring its youth service organization to the Great Lakes Region here in the Midwest. So I'll be in charge of setting up and sustaining the regional office in Chicago.

This is first time I'll be the one who's solely responsible for a start-up. Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. But I have all the necessary experiences from the other youth service programs I've put together and led. I hesitate to mention my new employer by name because I want to keep this blog separate from my professional life. I just hope I have the time to post regularly.

And the final reason I'm smiling is that UffdaDave sent me another couple of pieces of the Hercules he's giving me. The chrome fenders took a while to get here. I guess the US Post Office was still overwhelmed by the holidays. Or perhaps Homeland Security had to x-ray the rattling box?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm smiling watching you smile...Ardi

18/1/07 20:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smiling is good. Wish you success for your new position. I bought a bike for my son today;$300.Hope he will enjoy riding it.

23/4/07 11:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home