Bicycle Diaries: Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti

Recent Posts

30.12.06

Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti

his last words?

1937-2006
(Executed 30 XII
0545 Baghdad Time)

In my daft and bloody art
(with apologies to Dylan Thomas)

In my daft and bloody art
Exercised in the still night
With only my loony rages
And my enemies, who are dead
With all their heads in their arms,
I labor by swinging light
My population broken and bled
And my palaces full of arms
And various missile stages
Not to mention the cages
Where my sons would cut out hearts.

Not for the proud man who shrinks
From my raping goons I write
On these blood-stained pages
Nor for the towers of dead
Who were buried sans ceremony or psalm
But for the Kurds, their arms
Round their murdered generations,
Who paid no praise or wages
To Allah or my art.


AlexPGP
From The Saddam Hussein Poetry Contest
The Command Post
July 26, 2004

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mylias said...

May his soul rest in peace.

31/12/06 22:14  
Blogger Da' Square Wheelman, said...

And may the many thousands, ignored by all all of us, rest in peace as well...

1/1/07 03:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home